JOB DESCRIPTION: Prepares and finishes product according to drawings and specifications provided to assure timely manufacturing of product to customer specifications. Mentor less inexperienced production personnel in craftsmanship, company standards, and lean thinking / processing.
- Finishes product according to drawings and specifications.
- Complete complex tasks in a given time period, adjusting for changing priorities.
- Assists in training of team members to meet established standards.
- Assures that parts or subassemblies and finished product are labeled correctly.
- Follows procedures in company handbook and other documents.
- Maintains a safe working environment
- Assures the quality of product produced is acceptable.
- Other duties that may be assigned on an as-required basis.
Required knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Experienced at effectively applying primers, paints, stains, top coats and specialty finishes
- Excellent touch-up skills
- A great understanding of chemical chemistry in wood and metal finishing.
- Can effectively troubleshoot problematic issues to keep projects on track.
- Basic computer skills
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required.
- Has 7 to 10 years experience in wood and metal finishing or has completed Paragon Store Fixtures Apprenticeship course.
"*" indicates required fields