JOB DESCRIPTION: Prepares and processes parts for production according to drawings and specifications provided to assure timely manufacturing of product to customer specifications. Mentor less inexperienced production personnel in craftsmanship, company standards, and lean thinking / processing.
- Accurately produces parts according to drawings and specifications.
- Complete complex tasks in a given time period, adjusting for changing priorities.
- Assists in training of team members to meet established standards.
- Assures that parts or subassemblies and finished product are labeled correctly.
- Follows procedures in company handbook and other documents.
- Maintains a safe working environment
- Assures the quality of product produced is acceptable.
- Other duties that may be assigned on an as-required basis.
Required knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Experienced in operating all equipment within the wood machining dept.
- Able to read blueprints and cut-bills
- Excellent wood knowledge of species, veneers and solid lumber.
- Can effectively troubleshoot problematic issues to keep projects on track.
- Basic to advanced computer skills so as to operate the computerized equipment effectively.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required.
- Has 7 to 10 years experience in a woodworking machining environment, and/or has completed Paragon Store Fixtures Apprenticeship course.
"*" indicates required fields