JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for developing plans and strategies for the direction and administration of the company’s financial and administrative activities, obtaining objectives based on corporate goals and policies. This includes the IS, Customer Service, and Financial departments.
- Directs and coordinates company financial planning and budget management functions.
- Recommends benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions
- Provide company President with weekly financial reporting for all companies
- Monitors and analyzes monthly operating results against budget.
- Complies monthly financials “month end” for all businesses
- Oversees daily operations of financial information.(checking, savings, credit line and credit cards)
- Manages preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary requirements.
- Investigates and coordinate sales tax requirements for states required by our clients.
- Files sales tax returns on a monthly or quarterly basis as required.
- Maintains inventory costing.
- Invoicing clients, accounts payable, and receivable.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CFO. Attends assigned meetings prepared to discuss
current projects, schedules, and work load.
- Maintains and job costs vendor credit cards (bulk and fuel)
- Documentation of Controller Policies and Procedures
- Runs job costs and closes of job packets analyzing and distinguishing profits and where the
company can improve
- Run profit loss reports for project
- Organize and distribute GPS, iPass, and per diem checks
- Enter bills into Quickbooks and reconcile purchase orders and invoices
- Pay company invoices including vendors, contractors and COD purchases
- Maintains documentation, insurance and registration for company vehicles
- Follow up on sales and receivables to all clients
- Is back up to Human Resources, payroll and Purchasing on a as needed basis
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understands general accounting procedures.
- Possesses working knowledge of office equipment.
- Possesses working knowledge of computers and computer-based financial applications.
- Possesses strong financial reconciliation and mathematical aptitude.
- Have effective leadership, training, motivation, and supervisory skills.
- Is able to identify and resolve problems.
- Is able to research and identify facts for problem solving.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain productive relationships with company personnel at all levels.
- Is able to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally across all organization lines.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Has strong organization skills and be able to manage, prioritize, schedule, and balance multiple priorities.
- Is able to read, understand, and apply policies, procedures, and reported information.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Additional Schooling to fulfill Paragon Store Fixtures accounting needs
- The controller candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified
- Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
"*" indicates required fields