JOB DESCRIPTION: The position is a support function, under the direction of Company Officers, to all other departments within the company in the areas of human resources and labor practices. The position is charged with developing, implementing, coordinating and administering policies and programs for employment, wage and salary administration, workers compensation, employee communication, benefits, recruiting, placement, employee services, and payroll.
Coordinate the necessary information from the company’s internal customers to allow for servicing both the internal and external customers and manage the logistics to achieve the needs of both customers.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the Human Resources department.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems with Controller.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvement in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel.
- Coordinate employment activities, assisting departments in ensuring that properly qualified employees are recruited and hired for company positions.
- Contacts various sources of labor supply to recruit; interviews job applicants and checks personal qualifications against job requirements.
- Refers applicants to supervising personnel and management for interview and approval.
- Investigates references and handles details of employee induction.
- Conducts research into personnel programs and activities, recommending changes or innovations when necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures, keeping employees informed of all changes in personnel policies.
- Prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Counsels with employees on personnel policies.
- Determines solutions and appropriate adjustments to complaints received from management personnel and employees.
- Assures that company employment, safety, personnel policies, and Equal Opportunity policies and practices comply with the applicable provisions of federal and state labor laws, including the maintenance of necessary files.
- Sets up and maintains general control methods, records and files as required for effective personnel functions.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually.
- Maintains Workers Compensation Program.
- Maintains other records, reports and logs to conform within federal and state law.
- Trains and directs managers and supervisors in employment law issues.
- Implements and updates compensation programs as needed, assist with job descriptions as necessary; conducts salary surveys, analyzes compensation, monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops and implements employee communication programs.
- Develops and maintains employee appraisal and review programs to assure that employee performance is evaluated and that employees are aware of their evaluation.
- Coordinates and participates with supervisors and managers in disciplinary or termination proceedings.
- Acts as a facilitator, supporting the empowerment of department managers to resolve employee concerns and other labor issues. Communicates issues to department managers; works with managers and employees to help appropriately resolve issues. Involves senior management and officers in resolutions as necessary.
- Develops, implements, and administers employee insurance and health benefit programs.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings, including seminars and networking groups as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of human resource legislation governing human resources administration. Researches new laws affecting human resources and practices.
- Directs the payroll processing function to ensure that employees are paid accurately and timely, and payroll reporting requirements are met.
- Acts as a resource for department managers by coordinating training programs for employees, recommending specific training programs to meet identified needs.
- Works throughout the Company with management and employees to foster a sense of teamwork and trust among all employees.
- Maintain driver files to meet D.O.T. regulations.
- Perform other tasks as necessary, relevant to the attainment of the department objectives.
- Research and Coordinates Safety Procedures, ensures company is in compliance with OSHA
- Supports the overall Company goal of continuous improvement. In his/her analysis of financial activity, actively seeks areas in which improvement is needed.
- Acting member/facilitator of Safety Committee and Party Planning Committee
- Travel as needed.
- Assist in Accounting Department
Desired Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resource management, or equivalent combination of work experience and education. At least five years experience of work experience and education. At least five years experience in human resource management. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Familiarity with applicable state and federal regulations. Personal leadership skills.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess knowledge of Human Resource legislation governing benefits and compensation functions.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to be a team player maintaining an effective working relationship with all levels within the Company.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Continued)
- Ability to have an understanding of the production business and a detailed understanding of the organizational structure.
- General knowledge of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and compliance preferred
- Knowledge and ability to handle large amounts of confidential and detailed data.
- Must possess working knowledge of computer software which includes Microsoft Office and our HRIS systems.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and prioritized tasks simultaneously in an organized and timely manner.
- Ability to maintain professionalism under stressful situations.
"*" indicates required fields